The International Cablemakers Federation (ICF) was founded in 1990 with a permanent Secretariat in Vienna. Today, ICF has 46 members from 26 countries of all regions in the globe. The members are the world’s leading wire and cable manufacturers.
“ICF is the CEO networking forum of the international wire and cable industry. At the annual Congress, members exchange best practices and learn about cutting edge innovations. With that, we contribute ever more effectively to the digitalisation and electrification of our societies through our wire and cable products.”
The Federation is established as an International Non-Profit Association under Austrian Law. The products within the scope of the Federation members are insulated electric wires and cables, optical fibre cables, and enamelled wires.
The objectives of the Federation are:
- to sponsor and finance an International Cablemakers Federation Congress (ICFC) annually
- to establish and encourage international programmes which will advance the use of cables and promote increased security and energy saving in cable systems
- to promote and follow actively trends in design and usage of cables
- to encourage and co-ordinate research and development programmes for the improved utilisation and recovery of cable materials, especially considering ecological aspects
- to actively promote improvement of health and safety practices in cable manufacture and installation
- to develop and improve contacts to related industries such as raw material and cable machinery producers
- to analyse and collate international statistical data of interest to the cable industry, provide the results of such analysis to members periodically and to co-ordinate actions for the improvement of statistical data. In order to attain this objective, the Federation is entitled to acquire shares of, or to set up an independent entity.
- to maintain relationships within the wire and cable industry on a world-wide basis while adhering to all antitrust and cartel prohibition legislation which may be applicable to any of the members
- to keep contacts to outside bodies.